This website was conceived with pen and paper, sketched out in Adobe Photoshop and lovingly hand-coded with Coda on a Mac. I used Versions and Subversion to keep my code safe and versioned, and Things to keep myself organized and on-task.
I chose Skolar for almost all text you read here, except for the links in the top-navigation, which use League Gothic. Both fonts are served by Typekit.
I used some patterns courtesy of Subtle Patterns.
The site itself is hosted on MediaTemple.
I used several technologies, open-source tools, libraries and frameworks in the development of this site.
- LESS was used to compile the final CSS.
- A highly customized version of Limonade-PHP to run the hand-coded parts of the site.
- The blog is powered by WordPress.
- My art/creative repository is powered by Tumblr.
- jQuery - almost universally present in every web-project I initiate.
- Modernizr 2 - for feature detection and parallel loading.
- Flexslider - a nice responsive (and touch-optimized) jQuery slideshow plugin
- Selectivzr - to force IE to play nice with some of the more advanced CSS selectors.
- LESS Elements - a useful collection of CSS3 mix-ins for LESS CSS.