I want to help bridge the gap between Art and Technology, Science and Culture, Humor and Wisdom. I am a creative millipede who refuses to be pigeonholed into predictable categories. I like to wear many types of hats, literally and figuratively.
- Duval Guillaume and Saatchi & Saatchi, Antwerp Belgium. 2013–Present
- Hired as Creative Technologist in 2013. My job was to brainstorm with creative teams, but I also did Graphic Design and UX for Saatchi & Saatchi, who moved into our offices in 2014. Clients: Coca Cola, Carlsberg, Belfius, Samsonite, City of Antwerp, …
- TBWA, Brussels Belgium. March 2012 – December 2013
- Designer and Information Architect. Made prototypes, but I also did front-end development, 3D animation, and more. Left after I got a job-offer with Duval Guillaume. Clients: KBC, Telenet, MINI, PepsiCo, Spa, …
- Proximity BBDO, Brussels Belgium. 2007–2012
- Interactive Design, Front-end Development & Digital Creative. Left when I received an offer to join TBWA. Clients: KBC, Telenet, Chrysler/Dodge, PepsiCo, ING, Belgacom, …
- Atmosphere BBDO, Brussels Belgium. 2006–2007
- Junior Web-designer. Recruited out of college right after starting my Masters. Atmosphere was later merged with Direct BBDO & Proximity Brussels to form Proximity BBDO.
- Intern at The-Automatic, Liverpool UK. 2006
- Enjoyed a 3 month placement abroad where I lived & worked as a 3D modeller and Flash developer. I got to work on several projects, including for the BBC.
Bachelor in Multi-Media & Communciationstechnology PIH Kortrijk 2003-2006. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
Awards & Honours
Here follows a list of some of the most important awards and honours I’ve received over the years.
|Cannes Lions 2013 – Gold Direct Lion, Silver Media Lion & Bronze Promo & Activation Lion||The Gap In The Market||KBC|
|IAB MIXX AWARDS 2013 – Best Multiscreen Experience – Silver||The Pepsi Like Machine||Pepsico|
|IAB MIXX AWARDS 2013 – Online B2C Campaign – Gold||The Gap In The Market||KBC|
|IAB MIXX AWARDS 2013 – Best Optimised Site – Silver||The Gap In The Market||KBC|
|IAB MIXX AWARDS 2013 – Online B2C Campaign – Silver||The Talk Halfway||KBC|
|IAB MIXX AWARDS 2013 – Online B2C Campaign – Bronze||"Mums know best" safety shop||KBC|
|Adobe MAX Award 2009 - Advertising and Branding||Pepsi Max It||Pepsico|
|Best of Activation 2010 - Silver Media Award||Hold Your Lion||PUB|
|Pub Cover Award 2009 - Special mention||Hold Your Lion||PUB|
|Eurobest 2008 - Media finalist, Mixed Media||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Eurobest 2008 - Interactive finalist, Interactive Campaigns||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Proximity Worldwide 2008 - Silver||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Best of Activation awards 2008 - Gold Advertisers Jury, Non-Alcoholic Beverages||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Best of Activation awards 2008 - Gold Press Jury||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Best of Activation awards 2008 - Bronze Creative Jury||Pepsi 4Max||Pepsico|
|Best of Activation Awards 2008 - Silver Advertisers Jury, Services||KBC Word Rockster||KBC|
|Multi-Mania 2006 - Finalist Best 3D Animation|
|Multi-Mania 2005 - Finalist Best Flash Productsite|
|Multi-Mania 2005 - Finalist Best Interactive DVD Project|
Please contact me for a list of my references.
Design and Illustration
Typography, design, grids and illustration are my passion. Digital- and traditional painting are where I get my creative juices flowing.
User Experience Design
In every digital project I've worked on (wether it's apps or websites), I've always strived to keep the needs of the user front and center at all times. I know all about usability testing, accessibility, wireframes and prototypes.
I've been an enthusiastic follower of all the recent advances in 3D printing and Virtual Reality, and they've rekindled my love of 3D modelling.
I know and have worked with the following applications, frameworks and technologies:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Unity 3D
- Adobe After Effects
(listed in no particular order of preference - I'm technology agnostic and choose my tools based on the project, not on what I like working with most)